Apps Simplify Home Upgrades
All the home renovation information and images that pour in from Pinterest, Houzz, and other places can be captivating but overwhelming. So many choices can make it hard to narrow your options and know what will work in your house when it’s time to remodel.
Apps, many of which are free, can help with everything from envisioning layouts, décor and paint choices, to managing home upgrades.
These five provide a start.
- Home Design 3D ( //itunes.apple.com/us/app/home-design-3d-free/id463768717?mt=8) – Envision your home by creating floorplans, virtually designing the interior and exterior, testing furniture, and seeing how light will look at different times of day.
- Tap Painter (//itunes.apple.com/us/app/tappainter/id835306599?mt=8) –Will your favorite color look good in your house? Try it out before putting it on the wall. Also see apps from Sherwin-Williams (//www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/try-on-colors/colorsnap-mobile) and Benjamin Moore (//itunes.apple.com/us/app/color-capture/id318034543?mt=8).
- Houzz (//itunes.apple.com/us/app/houzz-interior-design-ideas/id399563465?mt=8) – Hunt for design ideas, shop for products — cabinets, lighting, flooring, and so forth — and see how they’ll look in your rooms. You also can find professionals for hire.
- Home Improvement Calculators. (//itunes.apple.com/us/app/home-improvement-calcs/id417445336?mt=8) – The app makes construction calculations and conversions in more than 250 areas and tells you how much material – asphalt, lumber, and drywall, for example – a project will require.
- Artfully Walls (//www.artfullywalls.com/try_on_wall) – No more putting nails in the wall and hoping that your art will look good. Try out different schemes before you even pull out a hammer.
Liberty Bank can help you save for the bigger home renovation projects on your to-do list. Consider opening a savings account and setting up a Pay Yourself First automatic monthly savings program. You can use automatic transfers to add money to the account at regular intervals. For more information, please call Liberty Bank at 1.877.305.7070 or stop in at any branch to open a savings account.