Copyrights and Trademarks
This Web site may contain certain names, graphics, logos, words or phrases which may be registered trademarks or service marks that identify Liberty Bank or other entities and the products or services provided through Liberty Bank. These marks and other information on this Web site are protected under the copyright laws of the United States and may not be used under any circumstances without prior written authorization of Liberty Bank or the owner(s) of such marks. The appearance of the registered trademarks and service marks on this Web site does not imply that a license has been granted.
Unless otherwise permitted, no person is authorized to use, copy, distribute, reproduce or republish in any form, any portion of the Web Site materials including related graphics.
All users may not be eligible for all the products and services offered by Liberty Bank for Savings. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination by Liberty Bank for Savings.
Use of this web site shall be governed by all applicable Federal laws of the United States of America, international treaties, and the laws of the State of Illinois, not withstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
All users may not be eligible for every product and service offered by Liberty Bank. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination by Liberty Bank. The information on our Web site is not intended to provide you with legal, tax or financial advice. You should contact your legal, tax or financial counsel for that advice.
Use of this web site is governed by all applicable Federal laws of the United States of America, international treaties, and the laws of the State of Illinois.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Accuracy of Content and Materials; No Representations or Warranties
The information and materials on the Web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Although Liberty Bank routinely provides timely and accurate information which is believed to be reliable, Liberty Bank does not warrant that the content of this Web site is accurate, complete or timely.
Liberty Bank makes no representations or warranties with respect to any information, materials and graphics on its Web site. Such information, materials and graphics are provided on a strictly as is basis, without any warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy or completeness.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances will Liberty Bank or its agents be liable under any theory of recovery, at law or in equity, for any damages, including, without limitation, special, direct, incidental, consequential or punitive (including, but not limited to, loss of use or lost profits) arising out of, or any manner connected with, the use of information or services, or the failure to provide information or services from its Web site.
Email Submissions and Messages
Messages that you send to Liberty Bank by email may not be secure. We request that you not send any confidential information to us by email. If you choose to send confidential information to Liberty Bank via e-mail, you accept the risk that a third party may intercept this information. Except as specifically agreed by us or required by law, we will not be responsible for any obligations of confidentiality or liability for losses or damages incurred as a result of confidential information you submit to us over the Internet. If we respond to you by email, nonpublic personal information such as account numbers or taxpayer identification numbers will not be included since we cannot ensure our response to you is secure.
Be aware that a “receipt” acknowledgment on an electronic mail message means only that the message has been routed into the Internet, not that the message has been received by us.
Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure
This Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure (Disclosure) specifies the rights and responsibilities that you have regarding Electronic Fund Transfers processed through your Liberty Bank account(s) that is maintained primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
The Electronic Fund Transfers that are covered by this Disclosure include the following:
- Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card
- Online Banking
- Bill Payment Service
- Mobile Banking
- Person to Person Payments
- Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Credits and Debits
- Electronic Check Conversions
Reference to “Access Device” in this disclosure includes the following:
• A Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card
• A Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card and Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) collectively
• The Access ID and Password collectively utilized for Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
Tell us at once if you believe your Access Device has been lost or stolen or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all of the money in your account.
If you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Access Device, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Access Device without your permission. If you do not tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Access Device, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Access Device without your permission, if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, including those made by Debit Card or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time.
The amount you can lose for certain point-of-sale transactions utilizing your Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card may be different than those stated above due to Visa® liability provisions.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) keeps you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
How to Notify Us
|If you believe your Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card with or without the corresponding PIN has been lost, stolen or is otherwise unavailable||
|If you believe that the PIN corresponding to your Liberty Bank VISA® Debit Card is lost, stolen or otherwise unavailable||
|If you believe your Access ID or both your Access ID and Password that are utilized to access Online Banking Service, Mobile Banking Service and Bill Payment Service were lost, stolen or otherwise unavailable.||
|In case of errors or questions about your Electronic Fund Transfers or if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt||
|If you believe that the Password utilized to access Online Banking or Mobile Banking is lost, stolen or otherwise unavailable||
|If you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission||
Our business days are Monday through Friday. Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays are not included.
Types of Available Transactions
Liberty Bank VISA® Debit Card
The establishment of a Checking, Money Market or Statement Savings Account at Liberty Bank constitutes a request by you and subsequent agreement between you and the Bank that you will receive a Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card and acknowledges that you received this disclosure relating to its usage. Visa® Debit Cards are not issued on any other type of account.
You may complete the following transactions with your Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card:
- Purchase goods and services up to the assigned maximum daily limit for your card from your checking account through eligible merchants (your maximum daily limit will be provided to you with your card).
- Withdraw funds through an eligible ATM from your checking or statement savings account up to your assigned maximum daily limit (your maximum daily limit will be provided to you with your card).
- Deposit, transfer funds or take an inquiry through an eligible ATM to your checking or statement savings account.Purchases through eligible merchants not subject to immediate processing may require the funds to be considered unavailable until actual processing of each respective transaction.Certain types of transactions based on any one or more of the following criteria may be blocked at the sole discretion of the Bank when deemed appropriate to protect the interests of Bank customers from reported incidence of fraud.
- The country in which a transaction is initiated
- A class of merchants based on the type of business or trade they are engaged in
- A specific merchant
- Transactions initiated with your Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card will be monitored to provide additional protection from potential fraud through monitoring suspicious activity. Upon detecting potential suspicious activity, you will be contacted and asked to verify your identity and confirm whether a specified transaction or transactions were authorized. If not authorized, further details and actions will be addressed with you.
If we are not able to reach you, Liberty Bank at its sole discretion reserves the right to temporarily restrict further transactions initiated with your debit card. Every attempt will be made to communicate with you and resolve the issue in a timely manner.
Checks, cash and other items deposited at an ATM are considered accepted when received and processed by the depositary Bank.
Transactions initiated after any cutoff time that is utilized by the depositary Bank may be processed on the next business day. Deposits made are subject to the current Liberty Bank Account Terms and Conditions and Funds Availability Policy. Sufficient available funds must be maintained in the account and no account restrictions may be active to process withdrawal requests, transfers and debit transactions.
When a new Liberty Bank Visa Debit Card is issued to you for any reason, updated card information is generally provided to merchants who request it to process recurring transactions that you may have through an agreement with the merchant. You may opt-out and request that we not provide merchants with the updated card information by contacting Liberty Bank for Savings. If you choose to opt-out, you should notify any merchants directly who are originating your recurring payments about your new card number and expiration date.
Online Banking and Mobile Banking
You may complete the following transactions and functions through the Online Banking Service:
- Transfer funds between eligible transaction accounts including those used to make a mortgage loan payment.
- Inquiries on eligible accounts.
- View account histories for eligible accounts.
- View check images for eligible accounts.
Provided funds are available, there are no limitations on the dollar amount of your transfers except that transfers from money market accounts must be in a minimum amount of $500.00. This service is available 24 hours a day. Sufficient available funds must be maintained in the account and no account restrictions may be active to process transfers from the account.
The following transfers from a passbook account are not permitted:
- A transfer to another passbook account
- A transfer to make a loan payment
Additional information about this service is contained in the Liberty Bank Online Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement that can be accessed by signing on to Online Banking at www.libertybank.com.
Bill Payment Service
You may pay designated bills and obligations from an eligible checking account through the Bill Payment Service provided you have attained the age of 18.
This service is available 24 hours a day. Sufficient available funds must be maintained in the account and no account restrictions may be active to process payments from the account. There are no limitations on the dollar amount of your payments after the account is confirmed. Except for specific references in this disclosure to the Bill Payment Service, the Liberty Bank Terms and Conditions of the Bill Payment Service govern the acceptance, rights and responsibilities associated with this Service. Additional information is contained in the Liberty Bank Terms and Conditions of the Bill Payment Service that can be accessed by signing on to Online Banking at www.libertybank.com.
Person to Person Payments
You may initiate a payment to a party maintaining a deposit account at an institution within the United States or you may receive a payment from a third party.
The maximum amount of payments you initiate or receive is limited.
Sufficient available funds must be maintained in the account and no account restrictions may be active to process payments from the account.
Originating Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits and Credits through the Automated Clearing
You may use your statement savings account or checking account for originating Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer (“EFT”) Debits or Credits upon approval of the Bank for any of the purposes listed below after executing the appropriate agreement and supporting documentation.
- Liberty Bank monthly mortgage and consumer loan payments
- Transfer of interest received on a Liberty Bank account into an account at another financial institution
- Disbursements from a Liberty Bank IRA into an account at another financial institution
- Transfer to or from a Liberty Bank account for a reason acceptable to and approved by Liberty Bank
Receiving Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits and Credits through the Automated Clearing
You may use your savings account or checking account for receiving Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Credits and Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits that you have authorized.
Electronic Check Conversions
You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account using information from your blank, partially completed or fully completed check to pay for purchases or to pay bills. Provided funds are available and no account restrictions are active, there are no limitations on the number or dollar amount of Electronic Check Conversions that we process.
International Automated Clearing House Transactions
International Automated Clearing House Credit Transactions (IATs) are allowed although may be delayed or suspended for a reasonable period of time while the Bank conducts Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) screening and investigation. Settlement of these transactions and availability of these funds may also be affected.
International Automated Clearing House Originations are not allowed by Liberty Bank for Savings.
Customers between the ages of 16–17 can open an account as long as a parent or legal guardian 18 years or older is a joint tenant on the checking account and may utilize the following services:
- Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Credits and Debits
- Electronic Check Conversions
Customers may utilize these additional services upon attaining the age of 18:
- Bill Payment Services
- Person to Person Payments
The Bank reserves the right to block certain transactions that exhibit characteristics of fraud, potential fraud or that may violate Anti-Money Laundering-related law or regulation.
Liberty Bank imposes no fees for the following services:
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Originating or Receiving Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfers
- Electronic Check Conversions
Fees relating to your Liberty Bank VISA® Debit Card:
- Debit Card Replacement $5.00
- VISA® International Transaction Fees
- 0.08% of the transaction amount for single currency transactions
- International ATM Fee $5.00
- 1% of the transaction amount for multi-currency transactions
Fees relating to Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits:
- Fee for each transaction in excess of six checks and other Electronic Fund Transfer Debits per statement cycle posted to your Money Market Account: $15.00
- Stop Payment Fee: $35.00
ATM Surcharge Fees:
- When you use an ATM not owned by Liberty Bank, at either a domestic or foreign location, the ATM Operator may charge you a surcharge fee. You will be charged a surcharge fee for a balance inquiry, even if you do not complete another transaction.
Other Surcharge Fees:
- Visa® may also charge a surcharge fee for its custom payment services at foreign locations.
Fees relating to Bill Payment Service:
- Payment Account does not contain sufficient available funds to complete the payments authorized: $25.00
- Stop payment request for check or ACH transaction related to Bill Payment Service: $20.00
- Request for same day processing of a Bill Payment as an ACH transaction: $14.95
- Request for next day processing of a Bill Payment by Check: $19.95
Fees relating to Liberty Bank Person to Person Payments Service:
- Send a Person to Person transaction: $0.50 cents per transaction
We will Disclose Information to Third Parties About Your Account or the Transfers You Make
- When it is necessary for completing transfers, or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party in accordance with established procedures, or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders, or
- If you give us your written permission
Documentation of Electronic Fund Transfers
For transactions initiated with your Liberty Bank VISA® Debit Card:
- If the amount of the transaction is more than $15.00, you will get a receipt at the time you complete any transaction to or from your account using an ATM or a point-of-sale terminal.
- You will receive a monthly checking account statement containing your completed electronic fund transfers as well as your other account activity.
For transactions processed through Online Banking or Mobile Banking:
- You will receive a monthly statement for your checking, money market and statement savings account containing your completed electronic fund transfers as well as your other account activity.
For Electronic Fund Transfer Credits or Debits through your account:
- You may call Liberty Bank at 773-384-2030 (Customer Service) Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (Central Time) and Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm (Central Time) to confirm receipt of a Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Credit.
- For Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits processed through a passbook account, a notice detailing the transaction will be mailed to you.
- You will receive a monthly statement for your checking and/or statement savings account containing your completed electronic fund transfers as well as your other account activity.
- When you present your passbook, it will be updated to reflect any unrecorded transactions, including electronic fund transfers, since the last time you brought in your passbook.
- For Electronic Check Conversions that you initiated or authorized, you will receive a monthly statement for your checking account containing your completed electronic fund transfers as well as your other account activity.
Stop Payment on Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Debits
If we are receiving regular debits from your account, you can stop any of those debits by following this procedure:
Call us at 773-384-2030 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (Central Time) or Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm (Central Time) or write to us at Liberty Bank for Savings, Retail Services, 2392 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647-2951, or visit one of our offices in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the debit is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 calendar days after you call. If you order us to stop one of these debits 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Stop Payment Requests Associated with Bill Payment Service
Follow the procedure contained in the Liberty Bank for Savings Terms and Conditions of the Bill Payment Service.
Stop Payment Requests Associated with Person to Person Payments Service
Revocation of a Preauthorized Transfer Originated by Liberty Bank
Any revocation must be received at least three business days prior to the date of processing. A transaction may be completed if the revocation is received less than three business days prior to the date of processing.
Notice of Varying Amounts
If Preauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer debits vary in amount from the previous transfer under the same authorization or from the preauthorized amount, the authorization executed contains language regarding the required notice and, if applicable, a range of amounts affecting the issuance of a notice.
If we do not complete an Electronic Fund Transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
We will be liable for your losses and damages except as follows:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the ATM you are utilizing does not have enough cash.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
In case of errors or questions about your Electronic Fund Transfers or if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the first statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Call 773-384-2030 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (Central Time) and Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm (Central Time), or
- Visit one of our offices and report the circumstances
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing, and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale or foreign initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within 3 business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Additional information on these services and the corresponding accounts may be available in the terms and conditions for each respective service, the current Liberty Bank Account Terms and Conditions, current Schedule of Service Charges, and other disclosures provided at account opening and subsequently.
Closing an Account
Liberty Bank reserves the right to request notice of 2 business days before you may close an account accessible with your Liberty Bank Visa® Debit Card.
We may amend this Disclosure at any time. However we will give you at least 21 days’ notice if any amendment results in greater costs or liability to you or otherwise reduces access to your accounts, unless an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the system or your account(s). This notice will be sent to the most recent postal or e-mail address appearing on the records of the Bank.