Your online and mobile security is our shared responsibility. By keeping our customers informed and educated on the most current trends in fraud and identity theft, we aim to help lower the risk of these occurrences. We will frequently update this page with new safety tips and keep you up to date with the most accurate and timely information related to your information security.
Counterfeit Check Alert
Fake cashier’s checks with Liberty Bank’s name and logo are being issued out of state and used to scam unsuspecting individuals. LEARN MORE >
Extended Validation Secure Socket Layers (EV SSL) – Liberty Bank uses EV SSL certificates to help you recognize when you are at the legitimate libertybank.com and not a "spoofed" site created by fraudsters for purposes of illegally obtaining your personal information. EV SSL signifies that Liberty Bank has passed a rigorous identity authentication process that triggers the browser address bar to display https:// in the url and turn a portion of the address bar green in IE7 and higher.
Online Banking Security Program – Liberty uses behavior-based anomaly detection software to proactively prevent consumer and commercial fraud. The solutions enable the bank to halt the processing of suspicious online bill payments and debit card transactions until they have been reviewed by fraud specialists to determine if the transactions are legitimate. Online banking authentication uses challenge questions/answers to identify you and prevent unauthorized access to your information. Registering the computer(s) you normally use to access your information provides additional security to verify your identity.
You can protect yourself from fraud by following some simple prevention tips:
- Use Text alerts & paperless statements – Take advantage of these complimentary services to help safeguard your accounts. Message and data rates may apply for text alerts.
- Know how we contact you – Liberty Bank for Savings will NEVER contact you by phone, by email, or by text message requesting personal information including account numbers, passwords, personal identification information or any other confidential customer information.
- Secure your credentials – Never share your Access ID, Password, or answers to challenge questions with anyone. Create passwords that are unique and difficult to guess. Do not re-use the same password for multiple sites. Create a new password for your Liberty Bank online access that differs from passwords used for email access or other online websites.
Fraudster and scammers are constantly finding new ways to steal your personal information. Stay informed of current tactics:
The following government websites provide valuable information about identity theft protection and what to do if you have been victimized by identity theft:
LOST OR STOLEN DEBIT CARDS
If you believe your Liberty Bank VISA® Debit Card with or without the corresponding PIN has been lost, stolen or is otherwise unavailable:
- Call 800.472.3272 24 hours a day, or
- Call 877.305.7070 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm, or
- Write to Liberty Bank for Savings, Retail Services, 2392 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647-2951, or
- Visit one of our offices and report the circumstances